The Connecticut Transition Academy at Deep River is a day school approved by the Connecticut State Department of Education as a private special education program. The school is situated on 80+ acres of a picturesque college-like campus overlooking the Connecticut River. We utilize a comprehensive, multidisciplinary approach to care, including the coordination of cognitive, emotional, physical, social, vocational, and character development.
The academy serves young people grades 1 through 12+ with a variety of disabilities including Autism, emotional disturbance, learning disabilities, and ADD/ADHD. Our students are referred privately by their parents/guardians, or by their local school districts due to behavioral, social, emotional, and educational challenges requiring specialized instruction and behavioral health support. Our school offers academically rigorous elementary, middle and high school curriculum as well as post-graduate support, including paid vocational training, independent living skills development, and job placement.
The Connecticut Transition Academy at Deep River offers:
- Individualized educational programs with high academic rigor
- Small class instructional environment
- Flexible scheduling; partial day, full and extended day and year
- Credit recovery and individual tutoring
- Competency-based curriculum and assessments aligned with the Common Core standards
- Certified teachers and intervention support specialists
- Instructional assistants in every classroom
- Individualized instruction, independent living skills, and transition assessments
- Paid vocational training and job placement
- Monitored school attendance and interventions as well as weekly progress monitoring